This post is sponsored by fairlife ultra-filtered milk.
Our normal weekly routine for breakfast is incredibly simple. Between juggling work, kids and getting out the door on time, we keep it to a basic hard-boiled egg, toast and fruit. Sustainable and healthy? Yes. Boring? Just a little. So on the weekends when we have more time, it is the perfect chance to go completely indulgent on our breakfast. We are known for making a huge kitchen mess and savoring a mouthwatering breakfast almost every Saturday morning.
This bourbon-soaked berry waffle toast recipe is a great example of our weekend breakfast love. It’s like french toast, but with waffles instead!
Bourbon-Soaked Berry Waffle Toast
To make the bourbon-soaked berry waffle toast breakfast, you will need:
- fairlife ultra-filtered whole milk
- Waffles made from scratch or purchased at the store
- 4 cups of fresh berries or peaches work great too
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup syrup
- 2 tbsp butter
1. Start with the berries to allow them to soak up as much flavor as possible. Heat a cast-iron skillet to medium-high and place the butter on the pan. Add in the syrup and bourbon. Stir quickly, and then add in the berries for an instant soak. Stir continuously as they soak up all the yummy juice. (The alcohol will burn off, and it’s totally safe for the kids). Place on a plate with the pan juices and set aside.
2. Whether the waffles are being made from scratch or not, you’ll be doing the toasting part of this recipe the same. Dredge the waffle in a mixture of the fairlife ultra-filtered milk and egg, and place it onto a pan to toast. Be sure to allow the waffle to rest directly on the pan that the berries were just soaked in. The waffles will soak up any remaining juices and get a nice crispy edge before stacking the breakfast.
We use fairlife ultra-filtered milk for our breakfast recipes every day. fairlife milk has 13 grams of protein in each serving, compared to 8 grams in ordinary milk. So I know my kids are getting the morning nutrition they need no matter the day. I love that this is accomplished with no added protein powders or synthetic junk. fairlife’s one-of-a-kind filtration process concentrates the natural protein and calcium without needing to add from outside sources. Since we always serve milk for breakfast, I’m glad to serve them the best.
3. Stack the waffles with the bourbon-soaked berries, and top with the pan juices, a little extra syrup and a dash of cinnamon for a breakfast that will linger through your home all day Saturday.
fairlife’s farm families promise the highest quality milk, environmentally sustainable farming practices, and superior animal care. fairlife is ultra-filtered for more natural protein and calcium compared to regular milk. Learn more at fairlife.com.