I’ve never been big on Halloween spook… but party costumes!?! Bright and colorful dress up. That is fun I am always on board for. Continuing our colorful Halloween tradition of the past few years – here is the latest idea in our party costume series. Cotton Candy! Because adorning a huge poof of pink fluff will make Halloween brighter for everyone.
To make this fun cotton candy Halloween costume you will need;
- 1 large lantern
- Length of pink ribbon
- 2 bags of white batting
- Pink spray paint (I suggest these two shades here and here).
- Spray glue
- A pink outfit, candy colored lipstick, and temporary hair dye (optional and just for fun!)
Cotton Candy Halloween Costume
- Start by cutting down one side of the lantern and attach a piece of pink ribbon to each side so you will be able to tie the finished piece across your stomach.
- Glue the batting onto the lantern with spray glue. Do this step outside over a paint canvas, spray glue fumes are just as strong as spray paint. Start with a small layer and continue spraying and building out the cotton candy until it is the size and height you’d like. The more the merrier.
- Once the batting is all attached, begin painting it pink. Spray in light coats using the light pink spray paint first. Accent with the darker paint and allow the entire piece to fully dry.
- Adorn an outfit of pink, candy clad lips, and then tie on the lantern underneath your clothing. Wear the cotton candy out on the town for a Halloween costume that will stop the sweet gathers in their tracks. So much fun!
It might go well with a party cake costume, honeycombs, or a bouquet of balloons. See all our past Halloween ideas right here.
(Photography ©Milles Studio/Stocksy United).