And just like that… It’s Thanksgiving week! Crazy. Right? Whatever you are doing this week – I sincerely hope the celebrations leave you feeling full and happy. In case you’re (just now!) thinking about decorating – this is a perfect last minute project. Paper flags in pretty colors, with stick on letters.
Stick them on the wall behind the feasting table and Thanksgiving will be set to a bright and beautiful tone. It’s like the flags are cheering you on to have a great time…
Paper party flags are one of my favorite ways to liven up a space for celebrating. Paper is the most affordable crafting supply around. And the flags instantly turn any room into a party.
Normally when making party flags I tend to go small and make a bunch of them (like this), but for our Thanksgiving feast I decided to go large and make them into a complete wall decoration.
To make the large gigantic paper flags you will need:
- Poster board in pretty colors
- 12×12 scrapbook paper in bright colors/fun textures
- A wooden dowel
- Large stick on letters
- Yarn and a pom pom maker for the details
Gigantic Paper Flags
- Start by cutting out the flag shape from your papers. The poster board is great for the larger flags, while the bright scrapbook paper fills in the form.
- Glue each of the flags to the wooden dowel using hot glue.
- Place the sticker letters onto the flags, or write in text freehand with a marker.
- Make a couple pompom balls and hang metalic tinsel to get a festive and finished look.
You can do it! Now go forth and feast. :)
PS. All the other creative Thanksgiving ideas.
(Photography ©A Subtle Revelry by Erin Holland).