I was delighted when I saw these adorable glitter pills – so fun! And then immediately thought how great they would be with edible glitter and a Jello shot inside. Make a bunch of these party pills for a birthday or bachelorette party and start the night off in a festively fun way. You can create the Jello shot as a non-alcoholic option which would make it a sweet treat for everyone to enjoy, or have the jello shot pills take the place of your drinks for the night.
Glitter pill Jello shots
To make the glitter pill Jello shots you will need:
- Edible colored glitter
- Empty pill capsules
- A straw
- 3oz. Jello Packets in any flavor (we used cherry)
- 1 cup Vodka
- 1 cup milk
1. Pour milk into a glass bowl and set aside.
2. Heat the vodka in a small saucepan until it boils and slowly whisk in the Jell-O. For a non alcoholic version leave out the vodka and make Jello per package directions.
3. Once it dissolves pour into the bowl with the milk and whisk until combined, allow the mixture to fully cool.
4. Using a small straw, push the cooled mixture along with the edible confetti sprinkles into the capsules and chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
These are bright, spunky and fun for an easy way to serve up party drinks in capsule form. ;)
Just be sure to always know how much is inside each shot (they are small so it’s not much) and please drink responsibly.
(Photography ©A Subtle Revelry by Ashlyn Savannah Photo).