To decorate last week’s craft party we hung a fun garland made from paper plates! A humble paper plate turned into a beautiful piece of art that can quickly center a party in a seriously pretty way. I love the challenge of making something pretty out of an unexpected material.
To make the painted paper plate garland you will need:
- Paper plates
- rope to hang the plates
- Beads for separating them
- A small hole punch for the center of each plate
Painted Paper Plate Garland
1. Start by painting the edges of each plate and allowing it to dry out.
2. Punch a hole through the center of each plate and string onto a rope.
3. Use a small bead to separate each of the plates just enough to be able to see the pretty plate texture.
The painted plates look like flowers! Such a fun way to update an otherwise plain party supply.
(Photography ©A Subtle Revelry by Erin Holland).