I have been so blessed by your words of encouragement this week, thanks for being amazing!
To make snow for the Christmas in July shoot I used white paper stars, they looked just perfect strung from a tree above our table.
You can purchase the stars here in many different sizes and colors. Their creator Lisa has been so sweet to share her tutorial- so that you can make them for your own events, YAY!
Make your own paper stars:
- Take 4 strips of paper equal in length. Fold each in half and weave centers together creating 4 double strips of ‘tails’.
- Take 1 strip per ‘tail’ and fold across center weave. Tuck the 4th tail under the first one.
- Fold 4 tails diagonally.
- Flip star over; fold each diagonally folded tail downward.
- Fold each downward folded tail onto itself creating a point. Tuck each point into the top layer of center weave.
- Repeat Steps 4 and 5 to remaining 3 folded tails.
- Repeat Steps 3, 4 and 5 to remaining 4 straight tails.
- To create top and bottom points, fold each tail towards the right and tuck into the frontward tail.
- When you have done this 8 times, your star will have 8 tails that will need to be trimmed.
- Trim each tail and your star is complete!
PS. Find more Christmas DIY crafts right here.