Easter is this weekend and it seems to have come so quickly this year! Make a stash of these pom pom bunnies to adorn baskets and mantels for adorable last minute Easter decor. After Easter – the colorful bunnies are a great finishing touch to the kid’s rooms, nurseries, and they make sweet favors for spring themed birthday parties.
I’ve developed a huge love of pom pom crafts over the years from pom pom headbands to pom pom light fixtures, but these bunnies take the cake! They are an incredibly cute way to wrap and tie a bit of yarn.
To make the pom pom bunnies you will need:
- A large pom maker
- A small pom maker
- Large cotton ball for the tail
- Small cotton ball for the nose
- Hot glue
- Card stock paper for the ears
- Tinsel or jewelry wire for the whiskers
- Start by creating the both the large pom pom for the body and the small pom pom for the head in matching colors.
- Use a small piece of the yarn to connect the head with the body – it works best to tie this yarn around the two centers to allow the bunnies to keep their form.
- Cut out the ears and attach them to the bunny head with hot glue.
- Attach the bunny cotton ball bunny tail, whiskers and nose with hot glue.
A field of colorful and super soft bunnies will brighten everyones Easter weekend. We have more pom pom crafts coming soon in book form! I can’t wait to show you.
(Photography ©A Subtle Revelry by Erin Holland).