I designed a wedding inspiration earlier this month. I hate having to wait to share it with you! One of the projects from the shoot has become a tad of an addiction for me, so I thought I would give you a quick peek…
Printing on ribbon! You can do it & it is super easy-
Although fair warning being able to personalize your ribbon gets quite addicting.
Materials needed for ribbon printing:
- An injet printer (if you don’t have one they are super cheap to pick up thrifted)
- A length of ribbon (I have found flat/ matte ribbons work the best)
- A small amount of double sided tape
How to print on ribbon:
- Print out a copy of the words you would like to appear on the ribbon to check for spacing.
- Cut your ribbon to size and double tape the ends onto your printed paper, be sure to cover the words exactly, text will print on the ribbon exactly where your words are placed.
- Run the paper with ribbon attached through the printer on the heavy paper setting.
- Let dry *Important, do not touch the ribbon for about 20 minutes to insure the ink has time to set.
- Peal off the ribbon and enjoy your creation!
Use your ribbon to adorn a surprise gift, to personalize a birthday card, or to make a stash of exceptionally lovely party labels.
PS. I am so excited to share with you how I incorporated this into our wedding inspiration shoot, soon!