This post is done in partnership with Country Crock® All opinions are my own.
It’s cookie baking season & birthday party season in our house. The end of the year is filled with both, which is why I love finding versatile recipes that can quickly be transformed from one celebration to the next – like the Country Crock® Make It YoursTM Cookie Recipe. The recipe works with any mix in we can dream up, from peppermints to sprinkles, making a cookie that will be ready for all the parties we have coming up this week. We created this colorful sprinkle cookie birthday cake using the Country Crock® Make It YoursTM Cookie Recipe.
We shot a fun video of the making of this party cake. I love how great it is to have a new perfect cookie base to add in all the festive fun I want this time of year. It is the only cookie recipe you’ll need all season long!
Sprinkle Cookie Birthday Cake
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cookie Time 12 minutes
Makes Approximately 4 dozen
To make the sprinkle cookie birthday cake with our new favorite Country Crock® Make It Yours™ Cookie Recipe you will need:
- 1 cup Country Crock®
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 to 2 cups of your most colorful sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Mix brown sugar, granulated sugar, Country Crock® spread, egg, egg yolk and vanilla into a large bowl until well mixed.
2. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda until blended (dough will be soft and creamy).
3. Add colorful sprinkles mix-ins into the dough until every spoonful of dough has some of the delicious sprinkles included.
4. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets 3-inches apart. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until edges are lightly golden. Cool 1 minute on wire rack; remove from baking sheets and cool completely.
5. Once cooled stack cookies in cake formation leaving a spot in the center for the candles!
For more mix-in inspiration visit CountryCrock.com.
Now I’d love to see what my friend Melissa from Best Friends for Frosting can create.
This post is done in partnership with Country Crock® spreads that deliver delicious country fresh taste made from ingredients you can pronounce. It’s about simple goodness the whole family will enjoy.