This post is done in partnership with Country Crock® All opinions are my own.
It’s cookie baking season & birthday party season in our house. The end of the year is filled with both, which is why I love finding versatile recipes that can quickly be transformed from one celebration to the next – like the Country Crock® Make It YoursTM Cookie Recipe. The recipe works with any mix in we can dream up, from peppermints to sprinkles, making a cookie that will be ready for all the parties we have coming up this week. We created this colorful sprinkle cookie birthday cake using the Country Crock® Make It YoursTM Cookie Recipe.
We shot a fun video of the making of this party cake. I love how great it is to have a new perfect cookie base to add in all the festive fun I want this time of year. It is the only cookie recipe you’ll need all season long!
Sprinkle Cookie Birthday Cake
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cookie Time 12 minutes
Makes Approximately 4 dozen
To make the sprinkle cookie birthday cake with our new favorite Country Crock® Make It Yours™ Cookie Recipe you will need:
- 1 cup Country Crock®
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1 to 2 cups of your most colorful sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Mix brown sugar, granulated sugar, Country Crock® spread, egg, egg yolk and vanilla into a large bowl until well mixed.
2. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda until blended (dough will be soft and creamy).
3. Add colorful sprinkles mix-ins into the dough until every spoonful of dough has some of the delicious sprinkles included.
4. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets 3-inches apart. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until edges are lightly golden. Cool 1 minute on wire rack; remove from baking sheets and cool completely.
5. Once cooled stack cookies in cake formation leaving a spot in the center for the candles!
For more mix-in inspiration visit CountryCrock.com.
Now I’d love to see what my friend Melissa from Best Friends for Frosting can create.
Join the conversation online on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest.
This post is done in partnership with Country Crock® spreads that deliver delicious country fresh taste made from ingredients you can pronounce. It’s about simple goodness the whole family will enjoy.
(Video ©A Subtle Revelry produced by Mabble Media, Photography ©A Subtle Revelry by Ashlyn Savannah Photo).