* Update- submissions have been closed, thanks to everyone who participated, you are all amazing! Please go HERE to vote for the party of your choice.
Have you been awaiting a reason to do something fun? To stay up all night disco dancing with a lampshade on your head, or maybe cozy up for an evening of scattergories with a few lovely friends? Are you ready to throw a party this winter?
If so you are in good company, starting next week The City Cradle will be hosting our first annual…
Why imperfect? Too many of us choose not to entertain and bless others around because throwing a party SEEMS like way too much work, because our houses aren’t quite clean enough, because we are not cute enough to pull it all together, and of course, because we cannot cook well enough.
This is sad- having a party is about enjoying and blessing our wonderful friends and family, about meeting new ones, and about connecting together. Hosting one doesn’t have to be centered around perfection- It can be lovely, inviting, and fun without draining you of life.
Are you up for the challenge?
Can you think of a group of people to bless, be it 5 or 50? If so participate with us and you can WIN $100 gift card to Anthropologie (usable in person or online).
The contest information
- This contest will run for 6 weeks and culminate with reader voting the week of March 15.
- Each week during the event we will be posting a new topic to help you plan your IMPERFECT party- Plan along with us and host your party the week of March 10th.
- Or submit any other party you are hosting/have hosted within the last 6 months.
- To submit your party please post a link on the comments of THIS post to your specific party post, or you can email your information to citycradledesign (@) gmail (dot) com by 10pm March 14th. You do not need to have a blog to win.
- To be entered include 1-5 pictures from your event, a description of the inspiration, and an explanation of one thing that did not turn out quite perfect + you can also include any other important or lovely details.
- Submissions will close at 10pm March 14th. I will choose five finalist and then a reader vote will decide the grand prize winner.
I look forward to seeing what we can create by stepping out to bless those around us with food, friends, and a little imperfection!
Take the challenge, be imperfect & win something lovely.