If you’ve been around for awhile you will know that I am a big fan of party hats (see here). A good party hat can take even the most unexcited guest and put them in a party state of mind. Adding a bit fabric and trim to plain Jane paper party hats and you’ve got a serious dose of vibrant fun just waiting to be adorned.
These trimmed party hats are ready to liven up any celebration imaginable and will be adorable set out in various fabrics and colors at your next birthday party. I can imagine them set out in mass on a table – setting the stage for the entire party! Hats can be incredibly transformative in that way.
To make the trimmed paper party hats you will need:
- Simple cardboard party hats
- Variety of ric rac
- Hot glue gun
- Embroidery thread
Trimmed Paper Party Hats
- Start by undoing the party hat and tracing about an inch outside the cardboard’s edge, onto your fabric of choice.
- Using a hot glue gun, secure the fabric on the inside of the party hat.
- Line the bottom of the party hat with ric rac and secure with hot glue.
- Make a simple tassel from 2 embroidery threads and either secure to the top of the party hat with hot glue or thread through the top of the hat.
(Project creation + photography ©A Subtle Revelry by Brie Zacher).