Holiday parties are in full swing around here! Between the office, the classroom and friends we seem to be shimming the season away. To ensure our parties are filled with fun and not too much of that awkward lingering around, we always like to throw a holiday party game or two in the mix.
The thing about a holiday party game is that to be successful it must follow a few rules.
- Must be playable with one hand so a drink can be held in the other.
- Must be competitive, but not too crazy or messy, so as to not take over space.
- Must be easy enough to play whether the party guest is 5 or 65, we certainly don’t want anyone feeling left out.
We created 3 fun holiday party game that can be crafted at home quickly and each of them brings with it that little extra oomph of fun for this season of revelry & parties.
Jingle Bell Toss DIY Holiday Party Game
The first game is reminiscent of skee ball, but with a festive little jingle in the toss. To create this DIY Jingle bell toss holiday party game you will need:
- Foam board
- Colorful paper
- Glue guns
1. Cut the foam board at 10″, 20″ & 22″. This will give you two 10″ boards and two 2″ pieces.
2. Hot glue each 2″ piece perpendicular on the underside of the 10″ board. This will prop the boards at an angle.
3. Cut 12 small circles of paper that fit in the bottom of the cups. Using a sharpie write point values. Glue paper at the bottom of the cups.
4. Hot glue the cups at the top of each board in an upside down pyramid.
To play this holiday party game: place each board across from each other, some distance away. Each team gets a handful of bells (you can determine how many) and takes turns tossing their bells into the board across from them. Whoever gets the most points wins!
Glitzy Hat Ring Swing Party Game
To create the glitzy hat ring swing holiday party game that is perfect for NYE or an evening holiday party you will need:
- Glittered party hats
- White boa
- Hot glue
- Glow sticks
1. Glue and cut the feather boa along the bottom edge of each party to make Santa hats.
2. Crack and fold glow sticks into rings.
To play: place hats some distance away in a random placement. Try to toss the glow sticks onto the hats!
Snowman Slam Holiday Party Game
To make the snowman slam holiday party game that the kids will adore playing at school or at home you will need:
- Paper (for snowman noses)
- Fake snowballs
1. Cut out small triangles for the snowman noses. Glue to the front of each upside down cup.
2. Draw on eyes and mouths with a black sharpie.
3. Stack the cups in a pyramid.
To play: Throw snowballs and try to knock down all the cups!
P.S. Holiday Party Hacks to ensure that all your holiday party game go perfectly!
(Photography ©A Subtle Revelry by Ashlyn Savannah Photo).
One CommentLeave a Reply
Very helpful for my child’s class Christmas party and super affordable .. Thank you!