Inside: The cutest Easter countdown DIY!
Easter countdown eggs are the perfect excuse to make something pretty this month. Make a dozen of them for your kids, a friend, or even yourself, and enjoy an exciting 12 days counting down this spring.
A few fun ideas on what to fill your eggs with
Fill each Easter countdown egg with a fun gift to be cracked open each day. Include simple pom poms chicks for kids, bells, money, and/or sweets. Small notes of encouragement would be great to include for a friend. Single out one egg as special by filling it with a fun outing (a pedicure perhaps!). Fill the eggs with sweet love notes and special surprises for a husband. Encouragement for a coworker, sweet Easter memories for a mom – anything that can fit inside of your Easter countdown egg will do!
What you need to make these cute Easter countdown Eggs
- A Dozen eggs
- Sharp Knife
- Washi Tape
Let’s get crackin’!
To make the Easter countdown you will:
- Tap the bottom of the egg with a sharp knife.
- Slowly chip the eggshell away until you are left with a hole large enough to fit your gifts inside.
- Drain each egg, rinse and let dry.
- Carefully fill the hallowed egg with a gift and confetti.
- Then cover the opening with a few small pieces of washi tape
- Finally, get creative and paint and decorate!
A few more fun Easter DIY’s
We have a couple of the cutest Easter DIY’s that will pair perfectly with you Easter countdown eggs!
- These yummy Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies are the perfect combo of DIY and sweet treat!
- 35 of the most creative Easter baskets
- The fuzziest cutest Pompom Bunnies
Let us know in the comments what you will fill your Easter countdown eggs with!
Styling and photography by Carly Taylor for A Subtle Revelry.