Inside: Adorable DIY Easter Bunny Wreath Tutorial + Template
Spring has sprung and the Easter bunny is quickly on his way! This adorable DIY Easter Bunny Wreath Idea is the perfect addition to your front door for the Springy season. Can you believe we used dryer balls to create this fun wreath? Yeah! That’s right! Dryer Balls.
I love making projects that require minimal effort with maximum cuteness, and this DIY checks all those boxes. If you’re an avid crafter, chances are you probably have most of these supplies lying around in your craft corner already. Check out how we made this adorable DIY spring wreath and spruce up your door just in time for Easter brunch.
How to Make an Easter Bunny Wreath
Have you heard of dryer balls? I have been using them for about a year instead of dryer sheets, they are an awesome zero-waste home cleaning product. One day I was putting away my laundry and started playing around with one of the dryer balls, and BINGO that creative light bulb lit right up!
Supplies You’ll Need
Here are a few more supplies you will need to make this Easter Bunny Wreath:
- 14in Wire Wreath Form
- Cream Spray Paint
- Cream Dryer Balls
- Pipe Cleaners
- 2 Sheets of Cream Felt
- 1 Sheet of Pink Felt
- Hot Glue
Instructions to Make Easter Bunny Wreath
Follow these instructions to create this adorable Easter Bunny Wreath
- Start by spray painting the wreath form. I like doing this because it helps disguise the ugly green wire that might peek through.
- Then create the felt bunny ears. Take one piece of cream felt, fold it in half lengthwise.
- Using our handy template, pin it to your felt and cut around the edge. Using the inner ovals shape of the template, cut out the inner part of the ear with pink felt.
- To Assemble the bunny ear, take 1 piece of the cream ear cut out and glue down a pipe cleaner from top to bottom.
- Hot glue the other piece of cream ear cut out over top of the pipe cleaner.
- Glue down the pink middle earpiece in the middle.
7. Attach the finished ears to the wreath form using hot glue and an extra piece of felt for security.
8. Now it’s time to attach the dryer balls to create the “head”
9. Using hot glue attach a pipe cleaner to the center of the dryer ball. You can use a small piece of extra felt to secure it.
10. Then twist the pipe cleaners around the wire form to secure the dryer balls.
11. Arrange the wreath as desired and you’re done!
Whew, that seems like a lot, but I promise it is super simple!
Spring Decorating with Bunny Wreath
This bunny wreath can last you all spring! Bunnies are perfect for spring and such a fun and playful vibe to any space. The one thing I love about this wreath is because we used pipe cleaners in the ears, you can bend and move around the ears to add a little personality.
Bonus, this wreath isn’t super heavy so a simple hook on your door holds it perfectly all season long! Let us know in the comments your favorite spring decor idea!
See more fun DIY ideas below!
- DIY Pom Pom Napkin Rings – here are several spring and summer birthdays that require the most festive of dinner celebrations. Mine being included! These DIY Pom Pom Napkin Rings are my newest and total favorite dinner party decor!
- Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake: This mint chocolate chip cookie cake is the perfect combination of flavor and fun. With its layers of ooey-gooey goodness mashed together with sweet minty icing, it’s the perfect dessert for your next celebration!
- Cupcake Flower Bouquet: They are sweet to look at and even better to taste! Even though the cupcakes look complicated to design, they are really simple with the right piping tips.
(Photos & Video @ASubtleRevelry created for us by Whitney Gray)