What is better than a balloon for a birthday? A balloon tied as a bow of course!
I love these balloon bows so much. After tying balloons as animals and making them 100 different ways, this idea to tie long skinny balloons into bows is so incredibly simple and wildly fun. Whether one balloon bow is hung above the present table or an entire wall of balloon bows is made, the simple idea is perfect our upcoming birthday party plans.
To make the balloon bows you will need:
- Long skinny balloons
- Helium for floating, or breath if you plan to hang them on the wall
- Ribbon for tying
- Glue dots
- Start by blowing up the balloons with helium or breath. To ensure the balloons will float fill them up fully with helium, almost as full as if they are to pop.
- Starting in the middle of the balloon, make two bows using the age old rabbit ear shoe tying trick.
- Twist the rabbit ears together and tie in the center tightly with a ribbon.
- Use a small glue dot between the ears to ensure they stay in place vertically. This is necessary for the balloons to keep form.
Float the balloon bows around a room, or tie one onto each guests chair for a sweet party style that your favorite girl will love.
(Photography @A Subtle Revelry by Erin Holland).