Inside: The Best Baked ABC Cookies
Send the sweetest of messages or celebrate the guest of honor and sweet style with these yummy baked ABC Cookies! They are so easy to make and add a super fun pop of color to your baking rotation!
What We Love About ABC Cookies
There are so many different reasons why we love these ABC Cookies! You can use them for any celebration! Whether it’s birthdays, baby showers, graduations, or just as a pick me up for your bff!
One of my favorite ways to use these ABC Cookies is sending a special message to friends. Recently I made them as a get well for one of my dearest friends. It was just a special way to say “I’m thinking of you”!
How to Make ABC Cookies
These cookies are actually very simple to make. Here is a quick rundown of the few things you will need and the steps to perfecting them!
Here are a few extra supplies you will need to make these ABC Cookies!
Now here are a few more steps to making these ABC Cookies
- When your sheet pan cookies are done baking, let them cool just a few minutes.
- Then start cutting out the cookies with your cutters straight from the pan.
- Once they are all cut out, let them completely cool.
- Using a piping bag and colored icing, outline the ABC Cookies.
Tips for Making ABC Cookies
Here are a few tips for making your ABC Cookies!
- When you are going to spread out your dough into the cookie sheet, spray a few quick bursts of cookie spray on your fingers to help the dough not stick to your hands! This is one of my favorite tips!
- Cut out the letter while the cookies are still fairly warm. I noticed if I let them cool too much they tend to crack a lot. Just be careful not to burn your fingers!
- Use your extra cookie that didn’t get cut out as a yummy topping to a bowl of ice cream! You defiantly don’t want to waste these yummy treats!
Go-To Sheet Pan Cookie Recipe
This is my go-to sheet pan cookie recipe when it comes to making these ABC Cookies!
ABC Cookies Ingredients
- 4 + 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened (2 + 1/4 cups butter)
- 2 + 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs (bring to room temperature)
- 2 TBSP pure vanilla extract
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 TBSP cornstarch
- 3 tsp baking soda
- 1 + 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 + 1/4 cups dark chocolate chips or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 8 TBSP 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar powdered sugar
- 1 + 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 TBSP Milk (Add more if needed)
Instructions for Baking ABC Cookies
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line your sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the large bowl of a stand mixer, cream together softened butter and sugar. Start at the lowest speed and increase as needed.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and continue to beat with the mixer to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
6. Add flour mixture to the larger bowl slowly while you continue to beat on low.
7. Once your dough is mixed, fold in chocolate chips.
8. Press your dough (on the parchment paper-lined baking pan) into an even layer and bake on the center rack for 14-16 minutes, rotating the pan 180 degrees at the halfway mark for even browning/cooking.
9. Once your sheet pan cookies are baked, let cool for a few minutes and then start pressing out cookies with cookie cutters.
10. To make the icing, add all the ingredients together and mix until creamy.
More Yummy Treat Recipes You’ll Love
- Fried Ice Cream – With summer in full swing hosting a fiesta party and serving up fried ice cream seems like a great idea. These fiesta fried ice cream balls are both refreshing and crispy fried goodness at the same time. WIN! Topped with sprinkles & whip cream the easy recipe will come together in minutes and leave your party filled with the best kind of summer fun.
- Tie-Dye Icing – Anyone else love icing as much as me? I’m that girl that is like “give me the corner piece!” when it comes to cake or picks the donut with the most icing. I am a firm believer that icing is what makes a good dessert great, see my thoughts on the brightest icing ever right here. This tie-dye icing effect is what makes a great dessert the best!
- Rolled Ice Cream – Warmer weather is on its way, and we are ready for it with this fun ice cream hack to take us into summer. Today, we are harnessing the fresh and creamy Darigold FIT milk to create a brand new recipe of rolled ice cream.
(Photos @ASubtleRevelry created for us by Whitney Gray)