Being on summer break means the kids are starving and asking for food all day long! Popsicles are an easy way to take care of this at least one of these times. Making popsicles from tasty & healthy yogurt is something we’ve always loved doing. While looking for a fun way to reinvent this favorite afternoon treat – we made best friend popsicles! They are simple to make and a fun update to a late summer afternoon with your BFF’s.
I made a stash for last week’s play date which all the girls thought were adorable! And then another batch just to share with the twins one afternoon. I’m your BFF with yummy treats – this is exactly what I want my kids to remember about our summers together.
The popsicles can be made with or without the word prints – BFF, Best Friends Forever, or just a slew of edible confetti will have them happily devoured in moments.
To make the best friend popsicles you will need:
- Yogurt in a few favorite flavors
- A heart ice cube or candy mold
- popsicle sticks
- Edible confetti
- Food writer markers to create the words
Best Friend Popsicles
- Start by placing the yogurt in the ice cube molds and freezing until almost firm.
- Carefully remove from ice cube mold and place each heart on a wax paper covered cookie sheet.
- Gently place 2 popsicle sticks into the bottom portion of each heart. Place back in fridge until fully hardened, remove and cut each heart into a broken heart pattern down the center of the heart.
- Sprinkle on confetti, write in text and decorate as desired. Then place back in the fridge covered until ready to eat.
Sweet treats made even better with friends and fun.
PS. All the great popsicle ideas!
(Photography ©A Subtle Revelry by Erin Holland).