When I start dreaming about what the best birthday cakes for girls could be, this version with sprinkles, layers and macaroons is exactly what comes to mind. A sweet recipe your favorite girl will love to have as her birthday cake.
Rainbows, glitter, and everything sweet. It’s time to celebrate whatever you want with a unicorn birthday cake for girls!!! This cake will probably be filed under birthday cake, but you can totally make one of these epic cakes for any celebration. Make it for the end of summer, the beginning of school, a baby shower cake, graduation, or just for brunch because it’s a Monday celebration!
And since you’re in the baking mood here are a few other cakes totally worthy of being made for the party:
How to make the sweetest birthday cake for girls
Birthday Cake For Girls Recipe
A birthday cake for girls recipe with sprinkles, macaroons and all the sweet things
- 3 layers Your favorite cake flavor I used vanilla
- Mini dessert toppings I used mini macarons & meringue cookies
- Sprinkles and edible glitter
- Gel food color of choice for buttercream
Bakery Vanilla Buttercream Ingredients
- 1 cup Butter softened
- 1/2 cup High ratio shortening
- 4 1/2 cups Powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
Bakery Vanilla Buttercream Recipe
- In the bowl of stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and shortening until light and fluffy
- Slowly add powdered sugar, until well combined
- Continue mixing on medium and add milk and vanilla extract
- Mix buttercream until all ingredients are well combined and you have a spreadable consistency
- Set ½ cup of buttercream aside and color with your gel food coloring, I used purple. This will be for the bottom of your cake
Bake your cake layers according to the recipe directions. Cool and level your cakes.
Spread an even layer of your bakery vanilla buttercream filling between layers and crumb coat your cake. Placing it in the fridge for 10 minutes to set.
Add a layer of your colored buttercream to the bottom of your cake, finishing the rest of your cake with the white buttercream.
Smooth out buttercream with an offset spatula, to get the birthday cake for girls ready to decorate
How to decorate a birthday cake for girls
Make Some Magic with this fun loving cake!
Gently press your sprinkles (these are my favorite!) onto the bottom of your cake. An easy way to do this is to place your cake and cake stand in a baking dish. With a handful of sprinkles gently press sprinkles to the bottom moving the cake stand as you go
Grab your mini desserts and arrange them on the top of your cake. Finish with more sprinkles and edible glitter.
I don’t think I love anything more than unicorns, cake, and birthdays. And there are endless possibilities of how magical you can make your cake. If you’re celebrating a birthday, don’t forget the candles and make an epic wish!
PS. 25 DIYS for girls.
(Project recipe, styling, and photography @A Subtle Revelry by Brandi Van Leer).