Valentine’s Day is coming up in just a couple weeks. Are you ready? Since we are moving the weekend of Valentine’s Day I’ve have already started getting everything prepared so it won’t be quite as crazy the week of – especially for the kid’s parties. There is something amazingly fun about being a kid and celebrating the day of sweets and love!
These crafty candy arrows are a lovely way to welcome in the holiday of the sweets. Sticking coordinating candy on a cute fringed arrow is a fun idea to wrap up for the kids Valentines, and they’ll be just as loved given out in the office.
Create a stash of the candy arrows in no time with our easy to follow tutorial. They can even be made ahead of time and stored in an air tight container until the special day. Plus, who can resist a funny tag saying – Gimme Some Sugar!
To make these sweet tasting candy arrows you will need;
- Wooden skewers
- Pink and red gummy candy
- Crepe paper
- Red and pink construction paper
- Gift tags
- Hot glue gun
1. Put a selection of the gummy candy on each skewer. We picked shades of red, but these could really be made with any color combination.
2. Cut two matching arrow heads out the construction paper. Hot glue them, back to back, to one end of the skewer.
3. With the crepe paper and scissors, make pinata fringe for the other end of the arrow. Hot glue the fringe around the other end of the skewer.
4. Attach a simple gift tag with string and hand out these lovely candy arrows to all of your friends!
(Styling and Photography @A Subtle Revelry by Sam Ushiro).