Who doesn’t love a cold and fizzy glass of juicy punch? I sure do! To celebrate the warmer spring weather ahead, I’ve recently been inspired to try out some brand new punch recipes. The best part is getting to sample so many yummy varieties, and my kids have certainly enjoyed the mocktail versions too. I seriously can’t wait to sip on some pretty punch by the pool all spring and summer long! I’m debating planning a spring fling party just to share these sweet sips with my best gals.
Before I give you the punch recipes for my 5 favorite pretty punches, including rum punch, fruit punch, white wine punch, sherbet punch and even a pretty pink punch! I’m going to share a few things I learned along the way that will guarantee a delicious end product. You can thank me later ;)
3 Fun Tricks for Making the Best Punches
1. Consider including a carbonated beverage. You can do flavored soda, club soda, sparkling water, champagne, or really any combination. While you can make punch without, it looks so pretty and tastes so yummy with some bubbles.
2. Serve chilled, preferably over ice. Bonus points for using pretty ice cubes or frozen fruit!
3. Don’t skip the citrus. Punch is super sweet, so adding some citrus (think lemon, lime, or orange juice juice) is a great way to incorporate some much needed tang. Pucker up and happy sipping!
Now on to my favorite punch recipes to date! The base of a number of these are similar so be sure if you want to make a display of punches like we did that you note what can be shared between them. Making a large bowl or pitcher of punch is fun and such an easy way to have a self serve bar set up at the next gathering, giving you more time to sip and chat with your friends.
Rum Punch Recipe
To make rum punch recipe you will need:
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups grenadine
- 3 cups rum
- 2 cups of ginger ale* (optional)
- Sliced oranges to garnish
- Sliced limes to garnish
1. Combine all ingredients except the sliced oranges and limes in a large serving bowl or pitcher.
2. Chill for at least an hour before serving.
3. Garnish with sliced oranges and limes when you’re going to serve.
*A standard rum punch does not have any ginger ale, but if you’re like me and prefer the bubbly version, this is the perfect way to add some to this recipe. If you do, add another 1/2 cup of rum so it still packs a punch. ;)
Fruit Punch Recipe
To make fruit punch recipe you will need:
- 4 cups cranberry juice
- 3 cups pineapple juice
- 3 cups orange juice
- 2 cups lemon-lime soda
- 1/2 cup sugar (because why not?)
1. Combine all the fruit punch recipe ingredients.
2. Chill the punch.
Sherbet Punch Recipe
To make sherbet punch recipe you will need:
- 4 cups orange juice
- 4 cups pineapple juice
- 1 liter ginger ale
- 1/2 gallon sherbet (Use any flavor you like! I picked orange)
1. In a large bowl or container, combine juices and ginger ale. This one of all the punch recipes is the one the kids ask for again and again.
2. Chill for at least an hour.
3. Add sherbet in scoops just before serving the sherbet punch.
4. Mix gently to combine.
Want to take this recipe up about 30 notches? Try our peaches dream milkshake that will make all the kids squeal with joy!
Pink Punch Recipe
You know I am always down for a little pink punch recipe making! This punch is so perfect for a girls night in! To make the pink punch recipe you will need:
- 4 cups limeade
- 3 cups strawberry soda
- 3 1/2 cups vodka
- 1 1/2 cups lime juice
1. Combine all ingredients.
3. Serve to your favorite girls! Serving this pink punch recipe in a pitcher instead of a bowl creates more of that custom cocktail feel to it, although it’s just as easy to make!
White Wine Punch Recipe
For all the warm deck evenings coming soon, this wine punch is a favorite of ours to make. It pairs perfectly with our grilled pizzas for an easy summer evening. To make white wine punch recipe you will need:
- 3 (750 ml) bottles of white wine (Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio–I don’t discriminate!)
- 3 cups lemon-lime soda
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- Berries for garnish, frozen is great!
- Lime slices for garnish
1. Combine wine, soda, and lime juice.
2. Chill until nice and cold.
3. Garnish with berries and lime slices.
4. Serve in stemless wine glasses!
I had such a fun time making these 5 punch recipes! I hope you have as great of a time tasting them :) Share with me which one was your favorite or what event you served it at…and if you just whipped up a pitcher for yourself, I’d be just as thrilled to hear about that!