Having small gifts to give to my favorite people during the Advent season is great fun! I was reading through this craft book and saw the idea of using an everyday pill box for gift wrapping. I’ve been waiting all year to repurpose the idea for our own Advent at home.
A pill box is the perfect size for stashing small treats and gifts. With seven days in each pillbox, a collection of four is all that’s needed for an entire Advent calendar. Just stick one of the printable bright numbers on each door for a creative way to count down the season.
To make the pill box advent calendar you will need:
- Our bright printable Advent calendar numbers
- Full page label paper
- 4 pill boxes, one for each week
- An injet printer
- Confetti, small toys and candy for filling the boxes
Pill Box Advent Calendar
1. Download the advent calendar number sheet and print onto the full page label paper.
2. Cut the numbers out. Our pill boxes have braille on them so we cut the numbers out on the diagonal to fit. The cut gave the boxes a graphic punch that I would recreate no matter the box style. Peel the backs off and stick the numbers on each door.
3. Fill the boxes with confetti, small candies and toys. This is the fun part. :) I love to design these boxes for each of the kids specifically. Small earrings and gemstones for my daughter and Lego pieces for my son. The boxes would also be great for storing small parts of a story or activities the family could to do together.
Make this colorful Advent calendar once and use it for years. I love crafts that will brighten our house and have lasting ability to them.
(Photography @A Subtle Revelry by Erin Holland).