This post is sponsored by Sargento.
With back to school here, I am always on the look-out for easy and fun recipes that the kids will love. We used these easy to grab Sargento® Cheese slices to whip up a back to school recipe the kids are loving! It’s easy to make and with natural cheese (not process cheese), I love serving it and they’ll love the taste.
To make the easy to create back to school lunch we start with our favorite croissant recipe, add in bits of chocolate and the cheese and bake. They are amazing right from the oven and keep well when sent off to school for a lunch that is both tasty and filed with natural cheese.
Chocolate/Cheese Croissant Recipe
To make these chocolate and cheese croissants you will need:
- 1 package puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Chocolate chunks
- 1 package Sargento mozzarella cheese slices
1. Start by cutting out the puff pastry into squares and placing them on a parchment paper covered baking sheet.
2. Brush the insides with melted butter and add the chocolate chunks and the cheese before rolling.
3. Roll the croissant one side of the other and fold downward to keep closed while baking.
4. Brush the top with a small amount of the melted butter for a golden brown finish.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-18 minutes.
6. Pull out and let cool before eating.
Enjoy these hot from the oven, or pack a couple in a lunch box along with fresh fruit for a lunch the kids will love to have this year.
Grab your own slices to make this year’s lunchtime more fun at Sargento.com, learn more about our love for sliced cheese and locate the Sargento® products nearest to you right here.