I just love how this Christmas tree cupcake came out. So fun! Between the bright lights and the sparkler star on top – it’s an awesome way to kick off the holidays this year. Especially with all the crazy scheduled this next month, this sweet treat will be the star of every office party, housewarming, classroom hoopla, cookie exchange – whew… are you ready for all of this?
To make a Christmas tree cupcake you will need:
- Your favorite cupcake recipe or box mix
- Cupcake wrappers
- Green frosting
- Small jelly beans and bright candy
- A star tip pastry bag
- A sparkler for the top
Christmas Tree Cupcake
- Start by mixing the cupcake recipe per instructions.
- Fill cupcake wrappers to about 3/4 full and bake. Allow the cupcakes to fully cool.
- Top each cupcake with a generous dose of green frosting starting at the base and working up in a triangle fashion. A spoon or spatula is great for this step.
- Next fill the star tipped pastry bag, working around your frosting cone, cover the outside in small green frosting stars. Start at the bottom and go around the cupcake adding layers as you go.
- Once the frosting has set, add on the “lights” using small candies. Then add the sparkler star to the top. Light up and enjoy a spectacular start to the Christmas season.
(Photography ©Ruth Black/Stocksy United).