Continuing our summer slime trend is this fun clear glue slime! Start with my easy base of slime without borax solution. Add a few fun tweaks to get a clear slime recipe that is so easy to make.
Why make clear slime?
Clear slime is fun for so many reasons
- Unlike the magnetic slime recipe, it has nearly no mess to it.
- And much like bubble gum slime recipe this clear slime will be played with for hours.
- The kids love it because they can see through the slime, which makes playing with it even more enjoyable.
- And it looks like liquid glass which makes it a fun science experiment for everyone involved.
How To Make Clear Slime Without Borax
To make the clear slime without borax you will need:
- Elmer’s washable clear glue
- 1 cup Water
- 1 TBSP Baking soda
- 2 TBSP Saline solution
- A bowl and mixer
How To Make My Clear Slime Recipe With Step-By-Step Instructions
Watch the how to make clear slime video above to follow these step by step instructions and create your own liquid glass slime.
1. Start by placing 1 cup of glue into your bowl.
2. Next mix 1 cup of water with 1 TBSP of baking powder, allowing the powder to dissolve. Stir this mixture into the bowl making sure to mix well.
3. Next add in 2 TBSP of the saline solution. This is the activator for the clear slime recipe – in other words, it’s what turns the combo actually into slime. Mix well.
4. Add in any glitter or fun clear slime tricks here and continue kneading the slime in your hands until the consistency is right.
What are tips for making your clear slime the best
When making your own clear slime recipe with glue here are a couple tips we learned along the way that can help it turn out great.
Leave the clear slime out (and covered) for a few days.
All slime stays good when stored correctly, here are my favorite slime containers (we have a fun DIY for these coming up soon). For the clear slime specifically, when you leave it out and covered it allows the air bubble in the slime to rest – giving you more of the liquid glass look you are after. When making the recipe, try breaking it in half and storing half for 3-5 days to see the change.
Use the clear slime to showcase your favorite looks.
The best thing about clear slime is that it is basically a blank canvas to play with! Add in confetti, small toys, colors… really anything you can think if to make the slime even more fun!
Take photos of the kids through the clear slime.
We literally spent over an hour doing this, just for fun! It’s a hoot and the kids have a blast making faces behind their liquid glass slime.
(Photography ©A Subtle Revelry by Ashlyn Savannah Photo).