Brighten up the Christmas decor with a colorful holiday wreath. Lauren Clay has long been one of my favorite artists and I love this wreath rendition we’ve created totally inspired by her work. Sometimes fine art can seem unattainable in our everyday house, but taking inspiration and creating our own DIY can result in a stunning homemade project.
From a bubble ball wreath, to a cupcake wrapper wreath, to a plastic spoon one – a good bright wreath is something that can easily transform a space. Make this one to hang by the Christmas tree and leave it up all year long.
To make the color block wreath you will need:
- Paper in red, dark pink, light pink, and lilac
- Styrofoam wreath
- Hot glue gun
- Scissors or paper cutting machine
Color Block Paper Wreath
1. Using an electronic paper cutter or scissors, cut out a lot of long teardrop shapes in red, dark pink, light pink, and lilac.
2. Start out with the red and glue a lot of pieces of paper on top of each other until the wreath is bulky.
3. Continue in a spiral shape with the dark pink, and then the light pink.
4. Finish up by hot gluing the purple to the rest of the wreath. Hang up and enjoy!
A set of three wreaths hanging on the front windows be a gorgeous way to decorate brightly this year.
PS. More wreaths here.
(Styling and Photography ©A Subtle Revelry by Sam Ushiro).