Advent is coming up quickly (can you believe it!?). We love to give the kids a sweet surprise to count down the days during the holiday season. This colorful printable Advent calendar template is great for stashing small treats, toys, and notes of fun things to do. The entire calendar is printable below.
Along with the small treats, I use Advent every year as a way to engage in fun activities with the kids. Peek at these 50 festive holiday activities and pick your family favorites to fill the printable advent calendar bags with. It is sure to get everyone excited for the upcoming Christmas season.
To make this colorfully printable advent calendar you will need:
- Color Printer
- Adobe Reader (Free Download)
- A4 paper stock with thin or medium thickness
- Hole puncher
- Double sided tape
- Scissors, zig zag scissors (optional)
- String or twine
- X-acto knife
- Wooden dowel
- Advent gifts
Colorful Printable Advent Calendar
Make the printable advent calendar pouches:
1. Download the PDF file onto your computer.
2. Print the pages onto A4 paper stock.
3. Cut along the solid lines using x-acto knife or scissors.
4. Using the back of the x-acto knife, mark along the dotted folding marks, and fold.
5. Stick double-sided tape on the part where “Adhere here” is.
6. Stick the two sides together on the double-sided tape. Push in the two little flaps on the left and right, and close the bottom of the pouch by sticking the bigger flap on the back using double-sided tape.
7. This is optional, but you can cut along the mouth of the pouch using zig-zag scissors.
8. Repeat on all 24 of the advent calendar templates.
Assembling the advent calendar:
1. Punch a hole on the top of the pouches.
2. Insert your presents.
3. Tie string inside the hole of each pouch and tie the other end on the wooden dowel.
4. Repeat those steps with all 24 of the printable advent calendar pouches.
Tips: Hang all the printable advent calendar pouches in different length from the dowel, and be random about the dates. It’s going to make searching for the date more fun!
(Graphic design & photography ©A Subtle Revelry by Wita Puspita).