I’m a big fan of sweets for Easter. In the past we’ve done cakes, pies, ice cream and cinnamon rolls. This year I’m jumping into the fun and totally ridiculous milkshake craze. Did you see these amazing ones or this animal cracker version? I anticipate that crazy milkshakes are destined to be the newest sweet craze to hit our world. There is something so indulgent about adding a bunch of candy and fun to a milkshake. Definitely not an everyday snack, but for those very special occasions, like when the bunny comes a hopping along, this treat will thrill everyone who gets to enjoy it. And, the best part is there is no baking needed to make it happen!
To make the crazy peep Easter candy milkshakes you will need:
- 1 cup ice cream, softened
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vanilla cake mix
- Chocolate Syrup
- Whipped Cream
- Frosting or Icing
- Lots of Easter candy
- Kabob Sticks
Easter Candy Milkshake Recipe
1. Pour icing around rim of glass several times, allowing it to drip down the glass. Sprinkle with sugar and sprinkles then place in freezer to harden. You can also add some candy and sprinkles to the bottom of the glass.
2. To make your Easter candy toppings stay in place, use kabob sticks. For chocolate pieces, use a little frosting to attach to stick to the back and set aside.
3. In a blender, mix ice cream, milk, and vanilla cake mix.
4. Take glasses out of freezer and drizzle the chocolate syrup inside the glass, zigzagging all around.
5. Add milkshake to glass and top with whipped cream, a piece of cake, sprinkles, peep candy skewers, and whatever else you can find!
Have you ever tried a crazy milkshake? The joy of a sweet indulgence to mark a special day will always be a win.
(Styling and photography ©A Subtle Revelry by Alyson Lott).