Inside: The cutest deco mesh Easter wreaths, and we are showing you how to make a deco mesh wreath step by step.
You may know that I literally wrote the book on wreaths. I’ve always had a soft spot for wreaths crafted from creative supplies, but just recently learned about the awesomeness of making a deco mesh wreath and I’m so excited to share all about it. I’ve never worked with deco mesh in my life before, but now I don’t think I will ever stop! I learned how to make a deco mesh wreath at a recent crafting night and then I had the team here craft an Easter wreath with deco mesh and it came out SO GOOD! Let me show you how easy and pretty this can be.
Deco Mesh Wreath
One of the things I LOVE about deco mesh is its shimmer and shine. While a lot of other wreath crafting materials have caught my eye over the past from plastic spoons to crepe paper wreaths. Making a deco mesh wreath is totally different! The material has a subtle shimmer of glitter to it. Meaning no matter where you hang the Easter wreath with deco mesh, the light will bounce right off of it and flood the space with that happy fresh spring feeling.
Deco mesh is also a very forgiving material. When you craft with it you don’t have to be perfect. It feels free and fun and utterly gorgeous at the same time. Now if you know anything about me, you’ll understand why this is totally my jam of a craft project.
How To Make A Deco Mesh Wreath
How to make a Deco Mesh wreath you will need:
- Wreath form or hula hoop for our Easter wreath with deco mesh
- Deco mesh (Here’s a pack with really pretty variety of colors)
- Pipe cleaners
- Felt sheets (in coordinating colors)
- Hot glue gun
Our deco mesh wreath uses felt flowers to add a little spunk and spring vibe to it. Before we jump into how to make a deco mesh wreath, let’s craft the flowers first, I’ll show you why in a minute.
1. Cut large/medium/small circles from the felt sheets.
2. Starting at the outside, cut 1”-1/2” spiral to the center of the circle. Will look like a flat coil.
3. Place a drop of hot glue at the center and start rolling. Roll and add glue periodically until the whole flower is formed. Secure the end with one last drop of hot glue. This makes adorable spring flowers to adorn your deco mesh wreath with.
Deco Mesh Wreath Tutorial
How to make a deco mesh wreath on a wire wreath form:
1. Twist pipe cleaners onto wire frame on the inside hoop and outside hoop at each “section”.
2. Unwrap the wider deco mesh and gather the end. Take the end of the deco mesh and place it into the center of one of the inside pipe cleaners. Twist the pipe cleaner around the mesh.
3. Move down the deco mesh a few inches and bunch it together again. Place into the center of the next pipe cleaner and secure again. (Work along the inner circle first).
4. Continue around the inner circle of the deco mesh wreath securing the mesh as you make yourself around. Once you arrive to the starting point start securing the deco mesh around the outer circle. Trim the deco mesh at the last pipe cleaner.
5. Taking a second color of deco mesh bunch, twist and secure it along the pipe cleaner points all the way around. This will ensure your first attempt at how to make a wreath with deco mesh ends up just as pretty as you imagine it. :)
6. Twist the pipe cleaner ends to the back of the deco mesh wreath to secure fully.
7. Hot glue clusters of felt flowers over the pipe cleaner points. This adds interest and beauty while hiding any connection points that aren’t photo shoot ready.
Easter Wreath With Deco Mesh
We took our new love of making deco mesh wreaths to the next level by crafting a large scale Easter wreath with deco mesh that will look amazing hanging above the Easter brunch table. Here’s how to do it!
1. Using a hula hoop, twist a pipe cleaner every 5-6” along the hoop.
2. Unwrap the wider deco mesh and gather the end. Take the end of the deco mesh and place it inside the pipe cleaners. Twist the pipe cleaner around the mesh.
3. Move down the deco mesh a few inches and bunch it together again. Place into the center of the next pipe cleaner and secure again.
4. Continue around the hula hoop until you’re half way around (like we did) or go as far as you’d like.
5. Unroll the second color of deco mesh and secure the same way you did the first color.
6. Twist the pipe cleaners to the back.
7. Hot glue coordinating ribbon loosely at the pipe cleaner points to hide them. Then glue clusters of felt flowers at the points as well for an Easter wreath with deco mesh that will be the star of your brunch.
Now add in a little bunny or egg for a deco Mesh wreath worthy of any celebration and watch your room light up with joy! Now onto brainstorm other fun uses for my favorite new crafting material.
PS. See all our creative wreath ideas right here.