Mother’s Day is quickly approaching, have you thought of a special something for all the moms in your life? These hand-dyed treat bags filled with candy or flowers will be a fun way to love on your friends, teachers and, of course your mom!
Plus, as a note of whimsy they are secretly coded. Read MOM in morse code!
Make your own dipped and coded treat bags…
- Use plain white treat bags (found at most local craft stores).
- Draw in the morse code on each bag with a white colored pencil, adding in other illustrations and writings as you prefer.
- I made an alphabet to help you along, in case you are not fluent in code! Download the morse code alphabet here.
- Combine 1/2 cup everyday household paint with 1/2 a cup of water in a large basin to make the watercolor substance.
- Hand dip each bag into the paint mixture and stand up the bags to dry overnight. As the paint dries your pencil markings will pop right through.
- Fill each bag with flowers, or candy and deliver on Sunday.
These bags would also be so sweet for a wedding coded with the word love, or for a birthday coded with the word happy! Use the alphabet download above to make any word combo you would like.
PS. Extra points if your candy happens to end up coded as well (it was totally an accident:).
Photography by Carly Taylor for a subtle revelry