Inside: DIY Hat Rack.
We. Are. Obsessed. There are two things in this world that we love above all else, a cute DIY and organization!
This DIY hat rack combines those two wonderful things and makes it into the perfect DIY project. We love this pegboard inspired hat rack and it’s fun color combo. I don’t know about you, but I always have the hardest time finding the perfect spot to store all my hats. Whether its some fun and festive party hats or the perfect fall accessory this DIY hat rack definitely puts the FUN in functional!
The Cutest DIY Hat Rack Ever
When we were brainstorming this DIY, I loved the idea of using a pegboard concept. Where you can move around the pegs, according to the size and number of hats you are wanting to display. In the past, it was hard to display fun party hats for a celebration or keep my fun floppy hats from crinkling.
That is why I love this DIY hat rack so much, it adjust to whatever you are wanting to display!
How to Make this DIY Hat Rack
Here a few things you will need to make this DIY Hat Rack:
- Wood Board – I used a 2ft X 2ft square particleboard
- Spade Bit
- 1/2 round Dowel Rods
- 3in roundFoam Balls
- Hot Glue
Please don’t get intimidated by the fact that power tools are used in the making of this DIY. I promise, it’s super simple to create and no experience is required!
- First, start by marking your board with each drill hole. I used a 2ft x 2ft board and my dowl pegs were 1.5in round. I cut each dowel into 6in long pegs. So I marked a 2in border around the board and marked for a hole every 4in from the 2in starting point.
- Use your drill and Spade Bit to drill holes in all the marked spots.
- Cut the dowels into 6in pieces, you can use a handsaw or dowel cutter.
- Next, use your drill and spade bit to drill a hole into your foam balls. Only drill about halfway through the ball and hot glue your dowel into the ball.
- Paint foam pegs and board and let dry.
- Once the paint is dry, hang your DIY hat rack.
A Few Tips & Tricks
Like I said before, this DIY hat rack is super easy to make! Here are a few tips and tricks to make this DIY process even easier.
- Check, recheck, and check again before you begin drilling. This is so important.
- If your pegs fit a little too tight, take sandpaper and lightly rub the pegs for a smoother fit.
- Adding the foam balls to the end of each peg helps keep your hats from creasing funny.
- Add a hanging kit to the back of your DIY hat rack for easy hanging!
More Fun DIY’s
If you love this DIY hat rack, here are a few more of our favorite DIY’s!
PS. If you love those DIY Tassel Necklaces hanging from our DIY hat rack, see how you can make those here!
(Photos & video @ASubtleRevelry created for us by Whitney Gray)