I’m so glad you loved yesterday’s creative makeup costume ideas as much as I did. This year I’ve been a big fan of costumes that are spunky, simple and don’t require an entire get up to make happen. Costumes with little details that make your entire look more fun… much like our beloved snapchat filters! That is why I am so in love with this snapchat filter inspired flower costume!
Creating an instantly recognizable snapchat filter flower costume is definitely my costume plan for 2016. I am partnering with Elmer’s and Goody today to show you just how easy this costume is to whip up. Last minute Halloween parties are in the bag this year. Hooray! The simple and fun costume works with anything I’m wearing. It is just as great for the morning board meeting as it is for night time trick-or-treating with the kids.
A few more of my favorite costume ideas
- What goes better with flowers than a cute little bumble bee?
- Can’t get enough flowers, check out this baby bouquet costume!
- Looking to match with your partner in crime, these fun couples costumes are just for you!
Snapchat Filter Flower Costume
To make the Snapchat Filter flower Costume you will need:
- Paper in 4-5 pretty colors
- Metal floral wire
- Elmer’s School Glue
- Goody SlideProof Secure & Gentle Headwraps
- Goody Colour Collection Bobby Pins
1. Start by creating the flowers for your headpiece. Cut out 4-5 different flower shapes in various colors and leaves in a bright green shade. Pull up your Snapchat account and follow me (I am @asubtlerevelry) for great floral filter inspiration.
2. Once the flowers are cut, use Elmer’s school glue to attach a small piece of the floral wire to the backside of each flower. I love using the school glue for projects like this because it dries clear and is meant to have a super strong hold.
3. Allow the glue to fully dry. Then combine the individual flowers costume pieces into a garland line with various heights and directions. This gives the piece that wild floral filter style that’s become such a famous look.
4. Next combine the wire you are creating with the Goody headwraps to make the costume a cinch to put on and take off whenever you need to during the day of dress up. Wrap the wiring around the band towards the center to keep in place. I often have a hard time with wearing headbands, but these Goody ones stay on great all day and don’t slide at all. Super important when your working with a specific look like this one.
5. Leave a few flower pieces as extra to pin in your hair for a great costume you can pull together in under and hour. Use the bobby pins that match your specific hair color to keep these in place.
I hope you love this snapchat filter inspired flower costume as much as we did!
(Photography ©A Subtle Revelry by Erin Holland).