Fresh Herb Mini Quiches are the quintessential appetizer. Bite-sized and packed with flavor. Serve them at a party with roasted tomatoes when it’s chilly outside, or with a refreshing drink at a garden-themed get together. They’re great for either season and the flavor combinations are limitless. Try rosemary and thyme, or go with a meatier version of bacon or ham and shredded cheddar cheese.
Ingredients include; 3 eggs, 1 cup heavy cream, 3 tablespoons fresh chopped herbs (I used basil and chives), 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, 1/8 teaspoon salt, generous dash ground red pepper (cayenne), 1/2 cup of crumbled goat cheese, 1/2 a sheet of a 17.3 ounce package of puff pastry, thawed
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Beat the eggs, heavy cream, herbs, shallots, black pepper, salt, red pepper in a medium bowl with a fork or whisk. Stir in the cheese.
2. Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the sheet into a 12-inch square. Cut into 36 2-inch squares.
3. Line a mini muffin pan with mini baking wrappers. Spray wrappers lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
4. Press the pastry squares into each lined muffin well. Spoon about 1 tablespoon egg mixture into each well, covering the bottom of a pastry square.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until the filling is set and the pastries are golden brown. Let cool in the pans on wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove quiches from wrappers and enjoy!