Inside: The perfect Valentines Day backdrop, using fringe napkins!
Valentine’s Day is just over a month away and in an annual style, we have a handful of fun heart projects in the works. Whether you celebrate with a beau, enjoy a Galentine’s brunch, or spend the day giddy over making cards with the kids – this fun Valentines Day backdrop that you’ll make by first learning how to fold a napkin into a heart, will frame the holiday wonderfully!
The fringe heart cut napkins are a great way to transform any space into a bright Valentine party and they make an awesome backdrop for photos with your favorite loves.
These are few more of Valentine’s favorites!
Now that you have a festive Valentines Day backdrop, here are a few more of our party favorites. They are sure to make your heart go pitter patter!
Seeing hearts is a real thing no matter your relationship status.
How to make this Valentines Day Backdrop
To make this fringe filled heart backdrop you will need;
- Square napkins in various colors
- Half heart template
- Double stick tape
- White backdrop paper or a white wall
How to fold a napkin into a heart
The first step in making this Valentine Day backdrop is to learn how to fold a napkin into a heart. A simple process! Here’s how you do it.
- Open up the napkin all the way and fold it to form a triangle.
- Using your half heart template, trace it onto the middle of the triangle. Cut out each heart.
- Fold the napkin back up into its square shape and cut fringe along all of the edges.
How to create this DIY Fringe Napkin Valentines Day Backdrop
4. Now that you’ve created your napkin hearts, repeat steps until you have your desired amount of napkins.
5. Unfold and adhere to backdrop paper or a wall with double stick tape in each corner.
Making an entire wall of fringe hearts for a backdrop is a fun plan for a bridal shower, or wedding as well. Cut, fringe and stick your way to a love filled day.
(Photography & styling ©A Subtle Revelry by Sam Ushito).