Earlier today I shared with you Susan’s lovely garden party. One of my favorite handcrafted features was the handmade flower stake, filled with the most lovely simple bouquet stuck in the ground. Susan has been so sweet to share the tutorial for these stakes.
Make your own garden flower stakes:
These would be lovely placed around a summer evening BBQ or lined up down the aisles for an afternoon garden wedding. Super easy, simple & purely gorgeous.
- Use a saw or knife to sharpen the end of your stake for easier entry into the ground.
- With the sharpen part of your stake facing downwards, align your glass bottle along the top of the stake. Fasten the twine where you will begin attaching the bottle.
- Loop the twine around the bottle 1-2 times then reverse directions and loop the twine around the stake.
- Repeat until tightly fastened and tie a knot at the end.
- Repeat the process with a second line of twine to secure.
Follow Susan’s husband, the handi-man behind this project. Stick firmly in the ground, fill with flowers, sit back in an old arm chair and enjoy!