Everything about Christmas should make us smile, including the tree! Craft up a few ‘party animal’ ornaments to quickly get into a joyful and festive mood. They easily lift a hurried holiday mood with every passing glance and would be great toppers for presents as well.
Here’s how to make your own tasseled animal ornament:
1) Paint the figurines, top to bottom, using silver leaf paint and let it dry according to the directions.
2) Cut strips of tissue paper about one inch wide and 6 inches long. Then begin cutting fringe strips, closely spaced, about 3/4 of the way up. To save time, cut several colors of tissue paper at once.
3) Starting from one end, begin carefully rolling the tissue paper up into a tassel, adding a few dabs of glue every inch or so. About halfway through the rollup, glue in a string so that your tassel can be attached to the ornament later. Finish rolling up completely with more glue.
4) Attach a small eyehook onto the ornament. Gently hammer the eye screw into the top of the figurine to get it started and then manually screw it in the rest of the way with your hands.
5) Thread a thin string through your eye screw and then attach your tassels. Tie off the hanging string to create a loop and cut of excess.