The big game is this weekend, are you hosting or attending a party? I am not an avid sports fan by any means, but I do make an exception for the National day of football every year. It seems more like a party than a game. Anything you can turn into a party I am up for!
To bring a football supporting side dish that is both tasty and celebratory, I revamped my favorite dessert cheese dip and created an entirely new color combo to support our favorite team. You can transform this dip into a serving of team spirit for whatever team you are cheering for – simply by changing the food coloring. The entire dip takes less than 10 minutes to mix together and then we whipped up a handful of miniature footballs out of graham crackers to serve along side!
To make the team spirit football dip you will need:
- 16 oz of cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 8 oz cool whip
- Colorful food dye to match your favorite team
- Icing in your favorite teams colors
- Plus, old fashion graham crackers to make into footballs
Team Spirit Football Dip
- Make the team spirit cheese dip by placing all the above ingredients (minus the food dye) in a large bowl. Whip together until well combined.
- Add in the food dye to get your perfect team spirit color, we used about 10 drops for our favorite teams bright blue color. Mix well until combined with no visible streaks remaining.
- Store the cheese dip in an air tight container in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- Lay the graham cracker out on a cutting board and carefully cut off the four corners of the cracker.
- Use a pairing knife to continue shaping the edges to make the miniature cracker footballs. The kid’s adore these!
- Squeeze icing with a small tip to create the football stitching on the game day crackers.
Combining the adorable football crackers with the best tasting ever cheese dip will make for an amazing game day spread. After making this cheese dip into a heart last year, I have remade it approximately 870 times. It is the best tasting treat to bring to any gathering and is always completely gone when we leave.
Have a great weekend!
(Photography ©A Subtle Revelry by Erin Holland).