It’s baby shower season and I’m always on the hunt for fun shower games that get everyone included and don’t involve smelling something gross from a diaper. This balloon guessing game is an easy way to get all the guests laughing and having fun.
Guess that baby!
How many of your friends could you guess from their baby photos? We tried it out at a shower recently and to be honest, it is not as easy as it looks. The game is perfect for showers where you want a game that is fun, but not all consuming of the entire afternoon. I’m excited to be partnering with Balloon Time to share how we played it.
We also tried out the game at a recent birthday party using celebrity baby photos. It was a hit! Try it out for a 1st birthday, or use teenage photos for an older kid’s party. Early childhood photos of famous people are really easy to find online. Another great reason to be glad you are not famous. ;)
To make the baby photo guessing game you will need:
- 1 baby photo from each guest (or use celebrity baby photos if you’d rather, that is equally as fun!)
- Inkjet printable labels
- Inkjet printer
- Your handy Balloon Time Helium Tank
- Start by printing out the baby photos onto the label paper using your inkjet printer. Unless your friends were born circa 2000 most of them will have older grainy looking baby photos – it’s totally okay though, when placed against the colorful balloons any photo looks fun!
- Fill up each balloon with helium and tie to a string.
- Cut the baby photos out so it is just the face showing, no tell tale signs of who is who from the background.
- Place each label on a balloon and line up on a table top or along a wall. Have guests pick who they think is who verbally if it’s a small shower or by placing notes in a bowl under each balloon for a larger shower.
Offer a prize for the face that got the least right (no one knew who it was), for the one who got the most right (everyone knew who it was), and for the guests who guessed the most baby faces correctly.
The guessing game balloons are an easy way to center the party tables and get decor + a game out of one concept. Fill a bunch of balloons with air and use double sided tape to adhere them to the table and float the face balloons above. Then play the game for a baby shower that is easy to throw and loads of great fun.
PS. The selfie game.
This post is done in partnership with Balloon Time – my favorite company for all kinds of balloon filling fun!