Inside: How to Make DIY Leather Earrings
I don’t know about you but accessorizing is one of my favorite parts of an outfit. I find that even though I love color, I mainly dress in black, white, or a few different solid colored shirts. (Pretty boring, I know!) But where I have my fun when it comes to putting together the perfect outfit is the accessories! I mean can a girl have too many earrings, shoes, or headbands?
I always find it hard to find the perfect colorful earrings that add the right amount of spunk to my outfit, well ones that are reasonably priced! That is why I decided to make my own, a fun little DIY of course. These DIY Leather Earrings are so easy to make and they can be customized to match any of your favorite outfits! Check out how to make your own leather earrings.
Supplies to Make DIY Leather Earrings
There are a few supplies you will need to make these DIY Leather Earrings.
- Sheets of Faux Leather – I love these colorful ones!
- Jewelry Punch – Okay, so you could buy a leather punch, but I had this from some other jewelry making and it worked perfectly.
- Fabric Glue
- Earring Backs
How to Make DIY Leather Earrings
Okay, now to the fun part, lets make some fun DIY Leather Earrings.
- First, you will want to decide on your shape and style of earring. I have included my templates below to create these fun earrings.
- Next, trace out your template and cut each piece out. Be extra careful when cutting out these small shapes.
3. Depending on which design you are creating you will either need to glue your pieces onto each or go ahead and punch holes to connect pieces together.
4. Connect each piece using jump rings and secure tightly.
5. Add a back to each earring!
Tips and Tricks for Making Leather Earrings
Here are a few useful tips I learned while making these DIY Leather Earrings.
- Have fun with it! Honestly, you are in control of these designs, colors, and spunk so uses lots of colors and make a bold statement.
- Watch the size of your design, if you are needing to include jump rings and have to make a hole in the leather, make sure you make the piece big enough to handle that. If the piece is too small it might tear or rip.
- When attaching pieces to each other using glue, make sure to allow the glue enough time to dry.
How to Make DIY Leather Earrings Printable Templates
If you love our designs we used, here is a special gift just for you! Check out these free printables to create your own DIY Leather Earrings.
More Fun DIY Ideas You’ll Love
If you love these fun DIY Leather Earrings, here are a few more great accessory DIY’s you might enjoy!
Let us know in the comments your favorite Leather Earring idea!
(Photos @ASubtleRevelry created for us by Whitney Gray)