This week we turned a corner from warm days, full flowers, and late spring into full fledged summer vacation. We’ve been drafting up our summer bucket list, looking at all the amazing places to swim around Reno like here, and here, as well as starting fires out back! I have a few festive Fourth of July projects coming up, but first this simple little trick will take you happily through the many summer evenings ahead – and it only has two steps.
And if it’s creative candles you are looking for, here are a few other great posts:
- Turn Your Cheese Into Candles
- Turn Your Colored Pencils Into Candles
- Walnut Candles
- Turn Your Fruit Into Candles
- DIY Beeswax candles
- And Dog Treat Birthday Candles
How To Turn Your Corks Into Candles
Before we jump in, why not check out some of our most recommended Wine subscription boxes? If you’re into Wine, you can find plenty of affordable monthly options. For example:
To turn your corks into candles:
- Finish your wine and collect corks, or if you are in a hurry purchase corks in bulk right here.
- Then soak the corks in a capped mason jar filled with acetone alcohol for a week.
Once the corks are soaked let them dry fully before using.
Light them up and enjoy making the easiest candle there ever could be. Happy summer!