This post is sponsored by Target.
School’s out for summer! We celebrated by inviting a few favorite classmates over and throwing our first party of summer – an ice cream party! Miniature ice cream cups, bright decorations, balloons, and a bar filled with ice cream toppings are all that’s needed to pull together a quick and fun summer party for the kids. The secret to this party being a wild success is having the right toppings for the ice cream – it is crazy how excited the kids get about topping their ice creams (and seeing each other one last time)… an instant new summer party tradition.
Create a similar ice cream bar, by picking up small ice cream cups (one per child), wooden spoons, and these 11 easy ice cream topping items:
1. Present bows + toothpicks (the girls adored these).
2. Colorful chocolate bars
3. Berries + coconut flakes
4. Ice cream cones sprayed with whip cream and placed upside down on the ice cream (the biggest hit of the day!)
5. Red hots
6. Candles for the birthday boy, the graduate, or why not… for everyone!
7. Small balloons tied onto bamboo skewers
8. Potato chips for a salty + sweet crunch
9. Caramel topping + sea salt
10. Ginger snaps
11. Gummy worms – place them wiggling out of the ice cream
Bright colorful tablecloths and coordinating napkins work great to accentuate the ice cream bar and keep all inside surfaces free from little sticky hands. Pulling in a few unexpected office supplies like bright colorful wooden clothespins to make sure napkins don’t blow away outside and clear desk organizers for holding the ice cream toppings is an easy way to make everything accessible for the kids.
A bamboo-lined tray for setting out the toppings will help guests know what’s available and make transporting the ice cream cups outside as easy as possible. I love that this party took such little prep (one shopping trip and I was set!), my kind of relaxed summer party style.