The Nesco VS-12 Deluxe Vacuum Sealer truly is a deluxe vacuum sealer, designed to eliminate the flaws and annoyances that come from using smaller, more flimsy, less reliable machines. From the stainless steel finish, to the robust automatically locking handle, to the convenient viewing window, it's a complete upgrade to the vacuum sealing experience.
Nesco VS-12 Deluxe Vacuum Sealer
For a vacuum sealer with exceptional performance, great style, and powerful features, it's hard to beat the Nesco VS-12 Deluxe Vacuum Sealer. It has been thoughtfully designed from the inside out to combine powerful suction and strong sealing with ease of operation and convenient use. It has everything you need for every kind of vacuum sealing at home.
Who is This Product For?
The NESCO VS-12 Deluxe Vacuum Sealer is ideal for people who have used other vacuum sealers in the past, and want a more convenient, more customizable vacuum experience. Thoughtful design enhancements like onboard storage of bag rolls and a built-in cutter make it fast and easy to simply unspool and cut the perfect size bags every time, without extra storage or the waste of uneven cutting. The clear viewing window helps you see exactly what's going on as it is sealing, to help prevent spills or accidents. The handle and automatic locking makes the Nesco VS-12 feel more sturdy and professional than vacuum sealers that you have to press closed.
The ability to customize vacuum settings and pulse for just the right amount of vacuum, and the durable double seal, meaning that your food is preserved and protected just the way you want it. All in all, the VS-12 feels like a deluxe upgrade over other vacuum sealers.
It's also a great option for people who are new to vacuum sealing. This reliable, durable vacuum sealer makes it easy to get started with vacuum sealing, without all the mistakes and frustrations of lower-quality machines. The simple push-button operation of the VS-12 helps even newcomers vacuum seal delicate foods like crackers and fresh berries without crushing them, and the security of a double seal protects moist, liquid foods and marinades without spills.
The NESCO VS-12 Deluxe Vacuum Sealer doesn't come with anything. It works best with Nesco brand bags, so it's advisable to purchase a roll of bags when you buy the machine. It is, however, compatible with FoodSaver brand accessories like hose attachments, and canister and bottle lids, so if you have FoodSaver brand vacuum sealer accessories, they will work with the NESCO VS-12.
Overview of Features
The NESCO VS-12 Deluxe Vacuum Sealer has a lot of attractive features, inside and out.
- Size: 15.75 x 8 x 4.5 inches
- Weight: 6 pounds
- Power: 130 watts/120 volts
- Suction: Dual vacuum pump with 25.1inHg
- Maximum bag width: 11.8 inches
- It has onboard storage for bag rolls and a sliding cutter, so you don't have to store bags and cutters separately, and don't have to use scissors or other imprecise cutting tools that waste bag material
- It has a locking handle for hands-free sealing, which is more luxurious and more reliable than vacuum sealers that you press closed
- It has tab guides for better bag positioning that leads to better sealing
- It has a clear viewing window in the lid, so you can see the bag being sealed and monitor the progress
- It has cord storage in the back
- Membrane-covered push buttons are easy to clean and don't trap debris
- It has regular or gentle settings to control vacuum pressure and avoid crushing foods
- It also has a manual pulse feature that lets you control exactly how much vacuum suction is being used and adjust it as needed
- It has a cancel button so you can pause suction at any time
- It has three sealing settings, including dry, moist, and double seal for extra security
- It has dedicated marinate and canister functions for one-step completion of these tasks
- It can re-seal (but not vacuum) existing food packaging like mylar bags of chips
How to Use It
For the most success in vacuum sealing foods with the NESCO VS-12 Deluxe Vacuum Sealer, follow these tips:
- Cut your bag 2-3 inches longer than the size of your food, so that there is room for a good seal
- Fold the top of the bag over before filling it, making a cuff, to keep the top outside edge protected from crumbs, moisture, or anything that would prevent a good seal
- Make sure that the edge of the bag is clean, flat, and free of any wrinkles when you lay it on the sealer. The more smooth, flat, clean, and dry that edge is, the better the seal will form
- Do not lock the machine lid closed when it isn't in use, to preserve the elasticity of the gaskets that form a vacuum seal. If the gaskets do wear out, you can get replacements from NESCO, either under warranty or for an additional cost after the warranty has expired.
The NESCO VS-12 Deluxe Vacuum Sealer is really in a different class than the smaller, more affordable, and less reliable NESCO VS-02. For a more comparable, more affordable alternative to the NESCO VS-12, consider the Zanmini 2 in 1 Vacuum Sealer. Like the NESCO VS-12, the Zanmini 2 in 1 has onboard bag storage and a bag cutter, a gentle mode, and a cancel function.
It has a fast and powerful suction, and quiet operation. It also comes with a vacuum hose for bottles and cans, and costs much less. However, the Zanmini does not have an automatically locking lid, and doesn't have the double-seal function that provides extra secure food storage that the VS-12 provides.
The Nesco VS-12 Deluxe Vacuum Sealer is a top-rated, top-reviewed vacuum sealer for a reason. It's an elegant design and fantastic operation, in one attractive, durable, compact machine.