There’s nothing like a bright starfish to pull any party quickly into summer. These little guys are pure festive party fun! Collect a bunch on the beach (or order a selection of them right here). A little paint is all you need to turn anyday into a summer par-tay. ;) Use the starfish to top cakes, drinks, or string up as garland and instantly be transported to a beach side party paradise – no matter where you happen to be setting up the cake.
There are so many party options when you have a hundred festive starfish lying around.
- Line up the starfish on a cake like they’re dancing in the ocean for a bright summer treat topper.
- To make garland out of the colorful fish, use hot glue to attach a small string to the backside of each starfish.
- Attaching the starfish individually to bamboo skewers will create simple drink stirs or appetizer picks.
- A dot of glue underneath a couple starfish is great way to brighten up a plain jane favor box.
- Or use the starfish as summer party confetti! Leave them out alongside the food and treats for a beachy party mood right at home.
To make the starfish I just painted the dried out fish a few favorite colors. It’s hard to even call this a true DIY. Collect (or buy) the starfish and paint – that’s it! Once dry the starfish have easily become a new favorite party decoration. To make the starfish food safe, use gel based food coloring and a small paint brush. For garland, confetti, or favor toppers an acrylic paint works great.
(Photography ©A Subtle Revelry by Erin Holland).
2 CommentsLeave a Reply
Those stars sure look cute marching up and over that layer cake!
But as for me, I don’t I’ll be using starfish, painted or otherwise, on anything that goes into my mouth.
I love the look of this, but they make starfish silicone molds, you could have easily used fondant for this. A far better alternative than a dead sea creature on cake.