Keeping pretty flowers is weird this time of year. We have a day that’s 70 and then the next day is freezing with snow!?! So goes early spring in the mountains. Instead of fighting with nature, I think it is super fun to just create our own florals. We can make tissue paper flower garlands, faux floral lights, coffee filter flowers, or no sew fabric flowers.
This newest DIY floral idea, creating a paper succulent garden might be my favorite paper flower craft yet! Cacti, succulents, and mini trees as so fun to make – no sun needed. They are sure to liven up any chilly spring day.
Create a bright selection of these to keep on your desk, as favors for a party, or to give away as small token of kindness to your favorite friends.
To make a similar paper succulent garden you will need:
- Paper in various colors
- Our cacti crafting printable template & succulent garden potting box template
Paper Succulent Garden
- Print out the cactus coloring page onto the colored paper of choice.
- Cut along the outer lines and cut along any interior dotted lines.
- Put the cactus together and freehand the leaf plants. Glue to hold together.
- Add any extra elements like the fringe, or hand sewn leaf centers.
- Craft a “pot” box for each of the succulents.
- Glue the succulents into the boxes and allow to dry before displaying the bright paper garden.
(Photography ©Beatrix Boros/Stocksy United).