Keeping pretty flowers is weird this time of year. We have a day that’s 70 and then the next day is freezing with snow!?! So goes early spring in the mountains. Instead of fighting with nature, I think it is super fun to just create our own florals. We can use tissue paper, faux florals, coffee filters, or fabric to make a pretty flower bouquet.
This newest DIY floral idea, creating a paper succulent garden might be my favorite paper flower craft yet! Cacti, succulents, and mini trees as so fun to make – no sun needed. They are sure to liven up any chilly spring day.
Create a bright selection of these to keep on your desk, as favors for a party, or to give away as small token of kindness to your favorite friends.
To make a similar paper succulent garden you will need:
- Paper in various colors
- Our cacti crafting printable template & succulent garden potting box template
Paper Succulent Garden
- Print out the cactus template onto the colored paper of choice.
- Cut along the outer lines and cut along any interior dotted lines.
- Put the cactus together and freehand the leaf plants. Glue to hold together.
- Add any extra elements like the fringe, or hand sewn leaf centers.
- Craft a “pot” box for each of the succulents.
- Glue the succulents into the boxes and allow to dry before displaying the bright paper garden.
(Photography ©Beatrix Boros/Stocksy United).