When it comes to Christmas, one of my most favorite activities is creating fun advent calendars with my family. It’s a tradition that I hold dear to my heart and celebrate every year. These fun advent calendar boxes have to be one of my absolute favorite projects.
Having small gifts to give to my favorite people during the Advent season is great fun! I was reading through this craft book and saw the idea of using an everyday pill box for gift wrapping. I’ve been waiting all year to repurpose the idea for our own fun advent calendar box.
A pill box is the perfect size for stashing small treats and gifts. With seven days in each pillbox, a collection of four is all that’s needed for an entire fun Advent calendar set. Just stick one of the printable bright numbers on each door for a creative way to count down the season.
Here are a few more of our favorite fun advent calendars
I am a huge fan of fun advent calendars, here are a few of my past favorites! Let me know in the comments if you make advent calendars with your family. If so, what are some of your favorite prizes to use?
How to make these fun advent calendar boxes
You will just need a few simple supplies to create this fun advent calendar. Here is exactly what you will need:
- Our bright printable Advent calendar numbers
- Full page label paper
- 4 pill boxes, one for each week
- An injet printer
- Confetti, small toys and candy for filling the boxes
Fun Advent Calendar Boxes
This advent calendar is super simple and certainly cost effective. This calendar is a perfect project to do with the entire family, from your youngest to your oldest everyone can have a part.
1. Download the advent calendar number sheet and print onto the full page label paper.
2. Cut the numbers out. Our pill boxes have braille on them so we cut the numbers out on the diagonal to fit. The cut gave the boxes a graphic punch that I would recreate no matter the box style. Peel the backs off and stick the numbers on each door.
3. Fill the boxes with confetti, small candies and toys. This is the fun part of the fun advent calendar. :) I love to design these boxes for each of the kids specifically. Small earrings and gemstones for my daughter and Lego pieces for my son. The boxes would also be great for storing small parts of a story or activities the family could to do together.
Make this fun Advent calendar boxes once and use it for years. I love crafts that will brighten our house and have a lasting ability to them. What are some of your favorite fun advent calendars that you have made in the past? Let us know in the comments!
(Photography @A Subtle Revelry by Erin Holland).