Welcome to Monday! To start the week off right I want to share with you this cheery pinwheel birthday that Melanie recently styled. Not only is it just gorgeous but my own pinwheels & pearls party was a part of her inspiration, which makes me so happy!
Everything about this party makes me smile- the fun invitations, the rosette and paper pinwheel wall, the over-sized yarn balls and the very simple lovely cake.
My favorite touch are her adorable pinwheel favor boxes. Melanie is wonderfully kind to share her tips on how to put these together yourself.
Favor boxes, with pinwheels!
- small craft paper boxes (available at Michaels)
- paper (scrapbooking paper works great)
- wooden beads
- a hot glue gun
- a few episodes of 30 Rock to watch while you’re crafting
The favor box tutorial:
- Cut your paper into a 2 1/2″ inch square (you can increase or decrease the size according to the size of your box). Fold paper in half diagonally, corner to corner. Using the fold lines as a guide, cut towards the center of your square from each of the corners until your about 1/2″ away from the center. Fold in the left corner of each triangle to the center of the square. (For a photographed guide follow our paper pinwheel tutorial HERE)
- Secure with a wooden bead and hot glue.
- Fill the boxes with the candy of your choosing.
- Take some ribbon and trim it so that it fits the entire way around the box. Secure with hot glue.
- Glue your pinwheel on top of the ribbon to cover the cut edge and any hot glue that might be showing.
These favor boxes would be sweet at a wedding or baby shower as well- a little touch of pinwheel is sure to make everyone smile:)