Inside: How to make a yarn pom pom bunny.
Easter is this weekend and it seems to have come so quickly this year! Make a stash of these pom pom bunnies to adorn baskets and mantels for adorable last minute Easter decor. After Easter – the colorful bunnies are a great finishing touch to the kid’s rooms, nurseries, and they make sweet favors for spring themed birthday parties.
Pom Pom Crafts I Love
I’ve developed a huge love of pom pom crafts over the years from pom pom party headbands to pom pom pendants, and these pom pom ice cream cones! But these pom pom bunnies take the cake! They are an incredibly cute way to wrap and tie a bit of yarn.
How to make a yarn pom pom bunny
To make the pom pom bunny you will need:
- A large pom maker
- A small pom maker
- Large cotton ball for the tail
- Small cotton ball for the nose
- Hot glue
- Card stock paper for the ears
- Tinsel or jewelry wire for the whiskers
- Start by creating both the large pom pom for the body and the small pom pom for the head in matching colors.
- Use a small piece of the yarn to connect the head with the body – it works best to tie this yarn around the two centers to allow the bunnies to keep their form.
- Cut out the ears and attach them to the bunny head with hot glue.
- Attach the pom pom bunny cotton ball bunny tail, whiskers, and nose with hot glue.
A field of colorful and super soft pom pom bunnies will brighten everyone’s Easter weekend. We have more pom pom crafts coming soon in book form! I can’t wait to show you.
(Photography ©A Subtle Revelry by Erin Holland).