When I say Halloween. You say Easy!
I am so excited about this year’s first Halloween costume because it is absolutely the easiest costume there ever was. You may know by now that I am not a fan of difficult to create, sewing involved types of costumes. October is a crazy month for all families, so the more fun and easy, the better for Halloween. And I think we’ve found the most easily fun idea around… Be a pool float for Halloween. Gah!!! I’m obsessed.
Go classic black & white swan or brightly fun Flamingo with this idea. Compile an entire set of pool floats and dress up the whole family! The possibilities are endless. And you’ll be getting a jump start on being ready for next summer in the process. High fives all around.
Pool Float Halloween Costume
To make the pool float Halloween costume you will need:
- Pool floats (Swan, Flamingo, and this unicorn would be awesome )
- Pump to blow up said floats
- A cute dress or outfit to match the float
- Ribbon to match
- Hot glue + gun
1. Blow up each of the floats using a hand or electric pump and secure.
2. Cut the ribbon to length and place a strip of hot glue onto the ribbon, not directly onto the float. Push the ribbon into the float. Allow to set for about 5 minutes.
3. Adorn a float inspired outfit and pull the ribbons up and around the shoulders for a free loving, fun having, easy as pie Halloween.
(Photography ©A Subtle Revelry by Erin Holland).