Halloween is obviously fun for the kids, but when the grown-ups get together their treats should be just as great. A pumpkin re-purposed as a jello shot is the perfect combination of spunk and fun for the spooky night ahead.
Our neighborhood really gets into Halloween, at many houses the owners will welcome neighbors with a drink while their kids trick-or-treat. Pumpkin flavored jello shots are a great way to make a street full (or office full) of friends this Halloween.
The jello shots look adorable centered in the pumpkin rind. Molded in an ice cube tray and set streaming out of a jack-o-lantern is another fun way to make the spooky treat look amazing. Just be sure if there are kids around the jello shots are aptly labeled. Safety first – cute jello shots second.
To make the pumpkin jello shots you will need:
- 2 envelopes of unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup pumpkin vodka (we used Burnett’s Pumpkin Spice Vodka)
- 1/2 cup sugar
Pumpkin jello shots
- Empty out a SMALL pie pumpkin (be sure to remove ALL guts and wash out).
- Mix the jello shot mixture all four ingredients together in a bowl.
- Fill the pumpkin with jello shot mixture.
- Refrigerate OVER NIGHT! If you refrigerate the suggested 3 hours (as jello packets suggest), the jello won’t be firm enough. Refrigerate over night, is a must!
Slice the pumpkin into fourths, eights, or more. Slurp and enjoy.
I love repurposing pumpkins and giving them a new lease on life as cake holders, serving bowls, and lanterns. Using the rind to serve this tasty treat is my favorite idea yet. Let’s clink our jello shots in honor of the awesomeness of pumpkins.
(Project Design + Photography @A Subtle Revelry by Brie Zacher).