Inside: Pom Pom Rainbow Wall Hanger + Printable Art Print
March is here and we are ready for sunshine, rainbows, and all things colorful! I feel like when March is here that is a sign of warmer days and sunnier skies. This rainbow wall hanger is full of fun colors and adds the perfect sprinkle of joy to any space. Plus it doubles as a fun door hanger for St. Patrick’s Day.
Honestly, the possibilities are endless for ways to decorate with this hanger, you can use it in a kid’s room, door hanger, or add to a gallery wall. It’s so simple to make, let me show you how!
How to Make Rainbow Wall Hanger
Let me tell you, if you know how to make pom-poms then you already have this rainbow wall hanger mastered. Now you can make pom-poms several different ways, my favorite way is by using this fun maker from Clover. It’s super easy to use and so handy. But no matter how you make your pom-poms you will need BIG ones.
Here are a few supplies you will need:
- Yarn – I used 7 different rainbow colors
- Pom Pom Maker
- Hot Glue
- Foam Core
- Start by making 7 large, colorful pom poms.
2. While you have the yarn our, create two tassels using cream or white colored yarn.
3. Grab any extra foam core or cardboard you have laying around the house and cut out a rough rainbow shape. Make sure it is thinner than your pom-poms, that way you can’t see it on the side.
4. Cut a small slit in the bottom of the rainbow-shaped foam core and tie on the tassels.
5. Use hot-glue to attached pom-poms in rainbow order.
Helpful Tips and Tricks for Rainbow Wall Hanger
- One of my favorite tricks when it comes to making fluffy pom-poms is using a comb to fluff up the yarn. It works like a charm and really elevates your pom-poms.
3. Use spare cardboard or foam core to create the base of your hanger. I used foam core and roughly sketched out a template to glue my pom-poms too.
4. Attach a string to the back for easy hanging!
Printable Rainbow Wall Print
If you LOVE this wall print as much as we do, and want one for yourself, then check out our exclusive Facebook Group or Sign-Up for our Monthly Emails to snag your own copy!
More Fun Rainbow DIY Ideas You’ll Love
Rainbow Paper Chain – Okay, so I have always loved this simple DIY! Most of us remember a traditional paper chain from school, we always used them as a countdown for a break like Christmas break or summer! But now that the kids are out of school for the summer and the world is a little wacky I thought it would be fun to add a little color back into life with this super fun rainbow paper chain garland!
Jolly Rancher Jello Shots – Who doesn’t love a delicious jello shot or jello for that matter?!? I’ve never tried the Jolly Rancher Jello until now, and let me tell ya, this stuff is tasty! So tasty in fact, I decided to make the best jolly rancher jello shots!
Colorful Rainbow Waffles Recipe – They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and we couldn’t agree more! Start your day off with a burst of color and a whole lot of fun with these colorful yummy rainbow waffles! You are guaranteed to have a perfect day when you start your day off with these!